*2020 Summer Camps are over for the season - check back soon for information on 2021 Summer Camps
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Wilmette Park District has made changes to the format and structure of traditional day camps to meet the needs of many parents that may need to return to work.
Participants must be independent in toileting and feeding, able to wear and keep a mask on and practice safe social distancing. In addition, participants must adhere to the Wilmette Park District's Behavior Procedures and camp rules. If participants are in a camp and cannot follow the guidelines then they will be removed from the camp for not following the behavior conduct.
Play Safe @ Wilmette
Summer camp experiences will look different this year. While we do not anticipate swimming, playing team sports, field trips, holding large performances and/or recitals, we will make activity adjustments throughout the summer based on guidance from local, state, and federal authorities in compliance with the Restore Illinois Plan.
- In Phase 3, limited group sizes of 10 or less (maximum participant to staff ratio of 8:2)
- In Phase 4, limited group sizes of 50 or less (maximum participant to staff ratio of 20:3)
- A consistent indoor meeting location with adequate space for activities while keeping groups and children separated per Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidance.
- Daily plans will include a substantial amount of time outdoors playing games, activities, sports, and exploring other interests within individual small groups. Indoor activities will be held in a classroom setting. Weekly activity schedules will be emailed to families.
- Camp will meet from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. In compliance with new drop off and pick up procedures for camp, individual households may elect to either arrive late or pick up early. New drop off and pick up procedures will be outlined in Camp Welcome Packets.
- No fee proration is allowed.
- No Camp Lunch Service
- Participant and staff expectations to follow all cleaning standards and other practices in accordance with the CDC and IDPH guidelines.
- Individualized supply list for each camper and small group specific equipment will be required to prevent sharing.
- Staff trained in Occupational Safety and Health Associations (OSHA) and CDC guidelines related to COVID-19.
- Communication plan with parents and staff in the event of a COVID-19 case occurs.
In an effort to maximize capacity, registration will be conducted by age group, not by specific location. Park District staff will group siblings at the same location, as well as, assign available locations nearest to the participant's residence.
Gymnastics Camp and Outside the Lines Tennis
For the highly popular Gymnastics and Tennis camps with robust enrollment, staff is in the process of restructuring the camp to maximize capacity while continuing to offer same level of instruction. These camps will not be full day to allow for more participation, and is not intended to function as childcare. If you require full day, please consider Play Safe @ Wilmette.
Canceled Camps*Updated 6/4/20Below is a table of all traditional summer camps which have been canceled. If your child was registered for one of the following camps and you wish to still have them attend camp this year, please register online for the Play Safe @ Wilmette lottery using one of the links provided above.
After Camp Recreation Great Gillson Pirate Tennis/Games Etc Afternoon Adventures Gymnastics Pirate Tennis/Golf Arts in the Park Hot Shots and Trevian Pirate Tennis/Skate Aquatics Camp Hot Shots Storm Shooting Pirate Tennis/Swim Basic Training Baking Boot Hot Shots Youth Basketball Sandlot Baseball & Swim Broadway Bound Junior Ice/Gymnastics Scallywags Tennis Broadway Bound Senior JEDI Engineering(All) Sports Camp Camp F.U.S.I.O.N Junior Day Sticky Fingers: Global Taste Camp Innovation Jr. Lifeguard Program Storm Travel Basketball Coding (All) Little Puckers Summer Basketball Week 1-7 Counselor-In-Training Little World Travelers Summer Hoops City Slickers Mighty Mites Sportsters Tiny Tots Dance Camp Minecraft (All) Traveling Teens Early Bird (All Locations) Pirate Tennis Two Week Extension Early Entertainers Pirate Tennis/Arts & Crafts Wiggleworms Full Day Golf Pirate Tennis/Basketball
Camps Still Running
*Updated 6/15/20 with additional camps that are running
The following is a table of camps that have not been canceled and will still be running with modifications. These modifications will be communicated to all participants by the camp supervisor.
Act with Me Hot Shot Sports Total Sports Advanced Coding with Microbits and Python Illinois Baseball Academy MVP Camp Adventures in Stem with Lego Mine, Craft, Build Adventure Gaming using LEGO Animal Architects Minecraft - A Network Adventure Batman Gotham Gadget with Lego Mini-Majors Baseball Cheer Clinic Non-Contact Football Chess Enrichment Camp Pee Wee Sportsters Coach Abe's Academy Soccer Players Academy Coach Abe's Mini Soccer Pre-Teen Pinterest Camp Coach Abe's Soccer Camp Preschool Dance Camp Coding and Game Design with Scratch 1 & 2 Preseason Field Hockey Camp Coding and Game Design with Sploder and Roblox Robotics & Visual Programming with Edison Bots and ED PY Explore the Game Safety Town Extra Inning Safety Town CIT Family Golf Camp Tech Stars Field Hockey Yoga Clinic Go For It! Girls Multi-Sports Young Sportsters Half Day Golf Camp Youth Beach Volleyball Harry Potter Magical Engineering with Lego Yoga Clinic