Dance Department Staff
Emiko Van Horn
Jazz up your summer with a dance class! Click here to check out the fresh and fun offerings!
The recently revamped Wilmette Dance Team is looking for enthusiastic dancers to join the fun! Plans for the new season include community outreach, local performances, participation in our annual Nutcracker production, and events throughout the year. Dancers age 6 and older with a minimum of one year dance experience are invited to audition. To secure an audition, register and complete the application or pick one up at the Community Recreation Center. For more information, contact Valerie Lober at email@example.com.
Spring Dance Recital
The annual Spring Dance Recital, titled Good vs Evil, will be held June 1-3.
Click here for the Parent-Student Handbook.
Click here for the 2018 Recital DVD and Tee Shirt Order Form(due May 11) (attached).
Still have questions? Email Valerie Lober at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Age, Attire and Attendance Requirements
The Dance Department strives to provide high quality training for dancers of all ages and experience levels. To maintain the integrity of the classes, we ask that parents do not request age overrides. All requirements, both attire, attendance and age, are set to benefit the children and make instruction more consistent for the program leaders. In some instances, the requirements have been set for the child's safety.
Required Dance Attire
The attire indicated below are required so instructors may properly observe and teach muscular movement. For all classes, hair must be up and off the neck in a ponytail or bun. Unacceptable attire includes jeans, ripped clothing (including tights), sweatpants, crop or half tops showing the midriff, and jewelry.
- Creative Dance, Pre Ballet: leotard, tights, pink leather ballet shoes. Skirts or tutus optional.
- Ballet and Pointe Prep classes: solid color leotard, pink tights, pink leather ballet shoes. Dancers age 9 and higher may also wear black dance shorts-no other cover ups.
- Pre Ballet/Tap and Ballet/Tap classes: leotard, tights, pink leather ballet shoes, black tap shoes. Skirts, tutus, or black dance shorts optional.
- Tap and Jazz classes ages 7 and higher: leotard, tights, tan slip on tap or jazz shoes. Skirts or dance shorts optional.
- All Hip Hop classes: comfortable clothing (no jeans), black sneakers
- Lyrical: leotard and dance shorts, convertible tights, no shoes
- Clean, fitted tee shirt, athletic shorts or pants, black leather ballet shoes (ballet), black tie tap shoes (tap), black slip on jazz shoes (jazz), black sneakers (hip hop).
For dance class supplies, contact Allegro Dance Boutique in Evanston.