Hybrid Homeroom Details
With Wilmette School District 39's announcement to implement "Transitions to Success: Wilmette Welcome Weeks" Fall opening plan, the Wilmette Park District will be offering a quality enrichment-based, self-directed E-Learning opportunity through Hybrid Homeroom.
This program will include supervision, socialization, technical support, and the implementation of activities for your school aged child. Hybrid Homeroom will provide a safe & supportive experience for families.
- 2, 3, and 5-day options are available.
- Students will be assigned to pods of 9 participants or less in a format that meets all health and safety guidelines for Phase 4 of Restore Illinois plan.
- Park District staff will work to pair children from similar grades and schools wherever possible.
- Pods and locations will be assigned based on enrollment and availability.
- We will not be able to accommodate friend or location requests.
Note: The Wilmette Park District continues working with the Northern Suburban Special Recreation Association (NSSRA) to provide inclusion services for our recreation programming. We are committed to building a community that fosters diversity and inclusion for recreational opportunities. Hybrid Homeroom is not an educational program, and therefore is unable to meet the educational support required by IEP's and 504 plans. Please contact your local school district in regards to all IEP and 504 plan requirements.
Participants will be bussed from their District #39 school on in-person learning days to Hybrid Homeroom and/or CARE via the Wilmette Park District for Central, Harper and McKenzie schools. School District #39 coordinates transportation for Romona and Highcrest Middle School.
Need more time? CARE, our new after-school childcare program, runs from 2:30-6 p.m. and requires separate registration. Click here for information on CARE.
A non-refundable deposit worth one week's fee for Hybrid Homeroom is due at the time of registration. The deposit will be applied to the first week's payment. Hybrid Homeroom will be billed via auto-debit on a weekly basis through the duration of the program. Participants will be billed on Thursdays for the following week of Hybrid Homeroom.
Know your responsibilities
- Parents/guardians will drop participants off at their assigned park district Hybrid Homeroom location on remote learning days.
- On in-person learning days, based on registration, participants will be bussed from their D39 School to either CARE or PM Hybrid Homeroom.
- Parents/guardians are required to self-certify through the "Hybrid Homeroom Medical Screening Checklist" symptom check, which includes temperature.
- The School District is responsible for providing participants E-Learning materials.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for ensuring school engagement and completion of assignments.
- Students must bring their own laptop/tablet, device chargers and headphones. Prior to arriving, please make sure your device is fully charged.
- Hybrid Homeroom leader will be responsible for providing quality care/supervision whilst facilitating self-directed learning.
Options for In-Person and Remote days
- K-4 students will attend 2.5 hours of in-person learning once a week at their D39 School. They then will be bussed to their assigned Hybrid Homeroom location for PM Hybrid Homeroom check in.
- K-4 students will have the option to enroll in full day Hybrid Homeroom on their non-in-person school days.
- 5-8 students will follow a hybrid in-person model and be given the option to enroll in Hybrid Homeroom on their remote learning days.
CARE, Campus Club, and Kindergarten Enrichment participants are eligible for priority registration based on the current number of days enrolled. See priority registration windows below.
- 5-day Participants: registration opens Wednesday 8/19 at 9 a.m., closes Thursday 8/20 at 7 a.m.
- 3-day Participants: registration opens Thursday 8/20 at 9 a.m., closes Friday 8/21 at 7 a.m.
- 2-day Participants: registration opens Friday 8/21 at 9 a.m., closes Saturday 8/22 at 7 a.m.
- General Registration Lottery: Lottery registration for remaining available spots in Hybrid Homeroom opens Saturday 8/22 at 9 a.m., closes Tuesday 8/25 at 7 a.m.. If need be, lottery will be spun at that time and families will be notified of their enrollment status by Tuesday 8/25 at 5 p.m.