Map of Picnic Areas
Gillson Park Outdoor Shelter Rentals
- Available May 1-September 30 in four-hour periods: 7-11 a.m.; 11 a.m.-4 p.m.; and 4-8 p.m.
- Parties of 35 people or less receive rental of half the shelter. Parties of 36 people or more must rent the entire shelter.
- Residents: May make reservations in advance, starting January 1. Rental is available to Wilmette residents at no charge.
- Non-Residents: Reservations are accepted on same day rental as desired. Cost is $30 for half the shelter; $60 for entire shelter.
Gillson Park Grilling Permits
- Grilling permits are available at Lakeview Center from January 1 to May 27 during regular office hours (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.). Beginning May 28 they are also available at the Beach House Office everyday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Pre-reservations for picnic areas are available to Wilmette residents only.
- No charge for RESIDENT picnic permits.
- Non-Resident picnic permits are $15.
- Permit hours are 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; 2-5 p.m.; 5-8 p.m.
- All grilling must be done on existing Park District grills.