Programs & Workshops
Fall 2018 Youth, Adult & Family Art Workshops:
- Glass Fusion for ages 12 with a parent or adults: Come and make glass art on your own or with your child! Through this project-based class, participants will gain the fundamental knowledge about fusing glass, design principles and the importance of safety. Working with various types of glass (sheets, frit, powder, stringers, etc) and two basic techniques (fusion and relief), students can make decorative hanging pieces, such as ornaments, pendants, and glass tiles or plates. Pieces are fired in our own ceramics kilns. Participants are encouraged to continue beyond one session. In the parent and youth class participants should enroll separately. Click here!
- Mosaic Art for ages 9-12: Kids will learn the fundamentals of mosaics using glass, ceramic tiles and other materials in this textile class. We will cover basic cutting techniques, materials, design principles and the importance of safety while learning to set tile, grout and clean their mosaic. Final works of art will be created from a simple design of their choice using a variety of pieces. This class is perfect for any young artist who is just beginning mosaics or for an experienced student looking for the next challenge. Click here!
- Art Club for ages 7-10: An exclusive membership club for creative kids held at the Community Recreation Center. Each week, a different project will be presented and new mediums and techniques explored. Members will learn drawing, painting, sculpture, ceramic painting, how to work with clay, glass fusing and so much more-the possibilities are endless! In the fall, the club will take a field trip to a local gallery to talk to artists and learn about the pieces. Art club is great for those who enjoy being creative and want to become better artists. A club t-shirt is included with membership. Click here!
Mark your calendars for these popular workshops:
- Ones & Twos Art Exploration: January 17 and February 27
- Alcohol Ink Painting Adult Workshop: February 7
- Recycled Sculpture Workshop: February 12
- Family Fine Art Night: January 11, February 15, March 15
- Paint and Sippy Cup: March 7
- Family Fine Arts Day: March 9
Art Birthday Parties
Download our Art Birthday Party brochure and plan a customized art party for your child's next birthday!
Programs & Workshops
Shake-It Workshop for ages 3-6: For the young dancer who is constantly grooving to their own beat! Shake-It explores creative movement through a more upbeat, jazz inspired environment. Dancers will get those hips shakin' and arms wavin' while having a blast with this exciting workshop! Click here!
Pop Up Thursdays: Try something new with our dance workshops sprinkled throughout the year on Thursday evenings. Different styles, activities, dance for siblings, adults, with art, with gymnastics...there is something for everyone! Click here!
- January 17: Stretch and Strength for ages 10+
- February 7: Adult Tap for ages 18+
- March 14: Turns and Leaps for ages 8+
Dance Birthday Parties
Download our Dance Birthday Party brochure and plan a customized art party for your child's next birthday!
Programs & Workshops
Audition Prep Workshop for ages 6-10: In this one day workshop young actors will learn the basic foundation of how to audition for musical theater. We will help participants not only learn how to pick songs that showcase them best, but also how to act through your song. We will be focusing on confidence building skills that teach participants skills to perform a successful audition. This workshop is the ideal practice session for students wishing to audition for the Wilmette Children's Theater Winter Mini Production! Students are to pick a 16-32 bar song to bring. Questions? Email Wendy Avon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here!
Mark your calendars:
- Theater Tech Class begins April 3
- Family Theater Improv Night: April 5
Register Here for a program or workshop.
Mark your calendars for the annual Wilmette Park District Camp Fair on January 29!
More information will be available in the Winter Explore Guide.