Announcement - Rules & Procedure During COVID-19
We are pleased to announce that the outdoor tennis courts are now open (excluding Maple Park)! We have new rules and protocol in place to help keep everyone safe and healthy.
Wilmette Residents can make a reservation using the YourCourts system. Click on the "Need Access" button and set up a profile using your name and email address, and make sure to specify your club/court is the Wilmette Tennis Club. Once your residency is approved on our end, your profile will be created and you can reserve outdoor courts Monday through Sunday between 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Non-residents can play first-come-first-serve when a court is not previously booked by a resident. Players are strongly encouraged to check for reservations before heading out to a site.
Court Rules and Guidelines are outlined below:
- Feeling sick? DO NOT PLAY
- Been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms? DO NOT PLAY
- Play within households is strongly encouraged
- Doubles play is now allowed, as of May 29
- Always maintain 6 feet of distance from other players
- Avoid changing ends of the court
- Avoid using hands to pick up balls. Use a racquet/foot to hit balls to other players
- Bring different numbered/marked balls for each player to allow serving. Each player should only serve their balls
- If a ball comes from another court return it using only a racquet/foot
- Avoid handshakes and high fives
- Do not share food, drinks, or towels
- Arrive near to your start time and leave quickly after play to avoid gatherings
- Take out any material that you brought into the courts
- Bring your own water and plan accordingly for restroom breaks - THERE ARE NO WATER FOUNTAINS OR PUBLIC RESTROOMS AVAILABLE
Court Procedures are outlined below:
- Outdoor courts open at 8:30 a.m. and close at 6:30 p.m., Monday through Sunday
- Only alternating courts will be open that no two adjoining courts will be occupied
- Two Wilmette Park District Racquet Ambassadors will be on duty throughout open hours with the following responsibilities:
- Open courts in the morning
- Review reservations during the shift to anticipate busy times
- Cycle through sites hourly and disinfect gate closures
- Disinfect net posts and net tapes once during the shift
- Remind players to respect social distancing requirements
- Help disburse players gathering in groups
- Disband doubles activity on all courts (courts are open to singles only)
- Lock courts in the evening
- Report any incidents with players to direct supervisor
- Represent Wilmette Park District and Wilmette Racquet Sports to the community in the spirit of health, community and activity
Outdoor Court Reservations
- Residents may reserve outdoor courts by calling 847/256-9676 up to 25 hours in advance. Same-day reservations cannot be taken because court reservations are posted at each court by 8 a.m. daily.
- Non-residents may play on open courts or by "racking-up."
- When making reservations by telephone, please give your name, phone number and name of one other player in your group.
- Please review the Outdoor Court Regulations. Following posted rules and observing court reservation is vital to the continued enjoyment of the outdoor courts by all players.
New! Summer Outdoor Permanent Court Time!
Book a permanent outdoor court time this summer! Exclusively for residents of Wilmette.
Play once a week at a standing time between May 23 and September 7 for $150.
For details, check out page 97 of the Spring/Summer Explore! Guide here
- Private and Group Lessons are taught by Wilmette Park District staff ONLY.
- All players may "rack-up" when no reservation sheet is posted or if open court time appears on the reservation sheet.
- No one may rack-up more than two hours in advance.
- Please arrive for your reservation promptly; court reservations will be held for five minutes. After five minutes, courts may be claimed by waiting players.
- Reserved court time is restricted to the time allotment on each court, 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours, depending on court location. However, players may rack-up for an additional, non-consecutive hour of play.
- Play begins on the hour or as indicated for the 1 1/2 hour courts. Please respect other players and vacate your court promptly.
- To accommodate working adults, outdoor courts are reserved for adult play (18 and over) after 5 p.m. weekdays and all day weekends. However, juniors may play if adults are not waiting. Juniors employed full-time weekdays should contact the Club at 847/256-9676 to arrange for evening and weekend court time.
- Only regulation tennis shoes are permitted in the court area.
- Shirts must be worn at all times during play.
- Littering the courts is subject to a fine.
- Players serving or playing alone must give way to two or more players.
- Non-tennis activities are prohibited on the tennis courts.
- Only players are allowed on the tennis courts.
- Vulgarity and/or rude behavior is prohibited.
Outdoor Tennis Court Locations
|Location||Number Of Courts||Time Allotment|
702 Locust Rd.
|6||3 Courts 1 hr
3 Courts 1 1/2 hrs
|Gillson Park (lights)
Washington St. and Michigan Ave
Glenview Rd and Skokie Blvd
Dartmouth St and Thornwood St
|4||2 Courts 1 hr
2 Courts 1 1/2 hrs
|Maple Park (CURRENTLY CLOSED)
4th St and Maple Ave
15th St and Lake St
|3||1 Court 1 hr
2 Courts 1 1/2 hrs