Fall II tennis classes begin on Sunday, October 25.
View the schedule of Fall II class offerings on our registration site!
Fall II 2020 Class Lottery
Class Registration: Fall II Lottery Instructions
- Juniors: Tiny Hitters through Intermediate III
- Adults: Beginner through Intermediate III and Cardio Tennis
Lottery Entry Submission Deadline: Friday, October 16 at Noon
A lottery-style registration system is used to efficiently handle our large number of basic level tennis class registrants. All students interested in a Basic Level Adult or Junior Class should apply for a registration time by entering the lottery. The lottery will be drawn in the following order: Wilmette residents, then non-residents.
Follow these three simple steps:
1. Enroll into the Tennis Lottery ONLINE on the Wilmette Park District website using the following activity codes by Friday, October 16 at Noon:
- 916011-01: Fall II Tennis Lottery: Residents
- 916013-01: Fall II Tennis Lottery: Non-Residents
All students currently enrolled in a Fall I class will automatically be enrolled into the Fall II Tennis Lottery. Please enroll all individuals who are interested in playing tennis in our Fall II Basic Level program.
2. You will receive an email on Monday, October 19 with your lottery number, which will be used to register. You do not have to wait to receive your number to fill out your registration form of class options.
3. We will NOT be holding In-Person Registration Fall II 2020. All Fall II Basic-Level registrations will be taken via registration form emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the Tennis Front Desk. All forms must be submitted by Wednesday, October 21 at Noon. All forms must be completed in full, include payment information and email address. These forms can be submitted any time before October 21 at Noon. Wilmette Tennis Club staff will enroll students by lottery number via submitted registration forms. We expect our Fall II registration to be at maximum capacity, so please list as many class options that will work with your schedule. Please label with preference (i.e., #1, #2 etc.). You will be notified via email receipt indicating class enrollment.
New to Tennis? It's Easy to Get Started!
First step: Determine your playing level using the Tennis Skill Guide below.
If you or your children belong in Junior or Adult Basic classes, skip ahead to the Lottery Instructions.
If you or your children belong in the Advanced Level, complete a Jr. Excellence/Drill form, available at the Tennis Front Desk. Call Carrie Kolles, racquet sports assistant manager at 847/853-6296 or email@example.com for more help.
Tennis Skill Guide
The following are guidelines to help determine your level of tennis ability when registering for tennis instruction. Unsure of your level? Call Carrie Kolles for a tryout at 847-853-6296.
- Tiny Hitters: For 4 year-olds with minimal tennis experience.
- Little Hitters I: For 5 to 6-year-olds with minimal tennis experience.
- Little Hitters II: For 5 to 6-year-olds who have been in the program before and who have been promoted by the Tennis Club Staff.
- Novice: For 7 to 9 year-olds beginning to learn racquet skills with minimal tennis experience.
- Junior and Adult Skill Builder: Individual with limited tennis experience. Wants to learn the fundamentals of tennis.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate I: Individual with developing skills. Wants to improve fundamental strokes. Requires additional work on service motion and complete review of basic strokes.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate II: Individual should be able to serve and hit ground strokes with moderate success. Consistency and competition is emphasized. Baseline game strategy is drilled.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate III: Individual with consistent strokes. Students develop net play and drill baseline game.
Advanced Level programs require a tryout. Call Wilmette Tennis Club at 847/256-9676 for information.
- Junior Excellence Program: Advanced junior players who have mastered the fundamentals. Program includes Excellence 1 hour and 1 1/2 hours.
- Women's Drill, Play and Strategy: Intermediate to advanced level students drill on all strokes and play competitively under the supervision of their instructor.
- Pro-Amateur Drill: Advanced players with a firm command of basic strokes drill on advanced strokes and strategy.
- Instructional Leagues: For intermediate and advanced players, conducted under professional supervision. Emphasis is on doubles strategy.