Theatre Department Staff
Artistic Director of Theater
The Wilmette Center for the Arts announces general auditions for the summer production of:
MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT
Direction by Heather Currie
Music Direction by Paul Scavone
Choreography by Jenna Schoppe
General auditions will be Tuesday, April 23 from 6-10 p.m., with callbacks on April 29 in the evening. Rehearsals begin the week of May 20.
The production is an outdoor production that will take place at the Wallace Bowl amphitheatre in Gillson Park, just off of Lake Michigan and accessible via the Linden stop on the Purple Line. Performances are Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, July 18 - 27 and Aug 1-9.
- CASTING BREAK DOWN:
- KING ARTHUR (Male, Late 30s-60s.): The King of England who sets out on a quest to form the Knights of the Roundtable and find the Holy Grail. VOCAL RANGE: G2 - E4
- SIR ROBIN (30s-40s): A Knight of the Roundtable. Ironically called 'Sir Robin the Brave,' though he couldn't be more cowardly. VOCAL RANGE: C2 - E4
- SIR LANCELOT (Male, 30s-40): A Knight of the Roundtable. He is fearless to a bloody fault but through a twist of fate, does discover his 'softer side.' VOCAL RANGE: C2 - E4
- PATSY (30s-40s): King Arthur's horse and servant. Underappreciated but always longing for King Arthur's approval. VOCAL RANGE: G2 - F4
- SIR GALAHAD (30s): A Knight of the Roundtable. VOCAL RANGE: Bb2 - B5
- SIR BEDEVERE (20s-40s): A Knight of the Roundtable. An inept scholar. VOCAL RANGE: D3 - G4
- THE LADY OF THE LAKE (Female, 20s-30s): A Diva. Strong, beautiful, possesses mystical powers. VOCAL RANGE: E4 - B6
- Additional roles and Ensemble: Knights, The Historian, Minstrels, Dead Folks, etc:strong singer/dancers of all ages, ethnicities and genders
Please prepare 32 measures (or up to 30 seconds) of an up-tempo or pop song that best shows off your voice/range. If you wish to be considered for a principal role, please have a one minute comedic monologue prepared.
Auditions are open to all adults and teens that will be entering into their freshman year in high school and up.
To schedule an audition, please email your name and your contact info to: email@example.com.
Theater Department Staff
Wendy Avon has been teaching performing arts to children for more than 15 years. She is a graduate of Columbia College, where she studied theater and dance. She has acted in Chicago theatrical productions, professional films and commercials.
Kate Black is a freelance stage manager living in Chicago Illinois. She stage manages for Wilmette Children's Theater and co-teaches the Technical Theater class. She holds a BFA in Stage Management from Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University. Before moving to Chicago, Kate lived in and worked in New York City.
Alison Dornheggen has been working in the Chicago theatre community as an actor, director, fight choreographer and administrator for the past 15 years. She is a graduate of Columbia College Chicago, where she majored in Acting and Directing. In 2008, she took a hiatus from Chicago to become the Graduate Theatre Fellow for the Arts Management program at American University in Washington, DC. She has worked with the Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, Oak Park Festival Theater, Caffeine Theatre, Steep Theatre Company, Buffalo Theatre Ensemble, Women's Theatre Alliance, 20% Theatre Company, The Factory Theater and greasy joan & co. She currently is an ensemble member, as well as marketing and development coordinator, for Babes With Blades Theatre Company, a female based theatre company which specializes in the art of stage combat.
Becca Jeffords is a lighting designer for theatre, dance, concerts and other live events. She is based out of Chicago, but works nationally. Some credits include designs at Cherry Lane Theatre (NYC), The New York Fringe Festival, Chicago Children's Theatre, Raven Theatre, About Face Theatre, Porchlight Music Theatre, Redmoon and Steppenwolf. In addition to designing Becca has taught at universities across the country, including Northwestern University, Wheaton College, Grinnell College, and Georgia State University. For more information on her work please visit www.beccajeffords.com.
Christine Kostuchowski received her bachelor's degree in Speech and Performing Arts from Northeastern Illinois University. She has appeared in local community theater productions and has an extensive background in technical theater as a director, costumer, stage manager, and make-up consultant.
Children's Theater is designed to provide a live theater experience for participants and the audience.
Wilmette Children's Theater productions are now open to those in 5th - 8th grade. The Minis division is now for actors in 1st - 4th grade. Requests for audition appointments should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or after the date listed and should include the following information:
- Name of child auditioning
- Current grade of child auditioning
- If the child auditioning has any audition experience (All levels of experience are welcome to audition!)
Can't make the audition date? Contact email@example.com
Wilmette Improv Troupes
The Wilmette Improv Troupes are designed for students ages 9 and up, and are directed by acclaimed Wilmette Children's Theater Director, Wendy Avon. Students will master the craft of improvisation and show off their skills with a variety of performing opportunities both in house and in the community. Troupe members will have the pleasure of performing improv games designed to build self-confidence, as well as improve their audition and acting skills. Ten performances are scheduled for the season. For questions or concerns, contact Director Wendy Avon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Performance Schedule!