The project will proceed in 2 phases to allow Community Playfields to remain open during construction. Temporary fences will be installed in construction zones. Please see below for a timeline of each phase.
State of the Project:
- Work officially began on the Fitness Path at Community Playfields. Tree protection was placed and site prep work was completed.
- The September 13 Park Board meeting reached a milestone for the Community Playfields improvements. After a bidding process for the one-mile fitness path, park district staff and project engineers recommended the lowest bid, which came in below the cost estimate. The bid was accepted and approved by the board.
Estimated start date: September 27
Estimated completion date: November 19
Phase 1: north side of park
- Week 1 - Tree protection, inlet protection
- Week 2 - Earth excavating
- Week 3 - Drainage improvements
- Week 4 - Sub base and decomposed granite completed
Phase 2: south side of park
- Week 4 - Tree protection, inlet protection
- Week 5 - Earth excavating
- Week 6 - Under-drain in path
- Week 7 - Sub base and decomposed granite completed
- Week 8 - Site restoration
Download the Fitness Path Map! See where your new path will run!