- To view classes and to register: Click Here!
Learn-to-Skate Rental: $35
A pass must pre-purchase online - pre-purchase your pass here.
- Skaters who purchase the pass will pick-up their skates on the first day of class and will keep their skates until they are turned in after their last class of the session.
- Passes are $35.00 and available online only for purchase.
At this time, skate rental is only available for skaters in a learn-to-skate class. Registered skaters in a learn-to skate class may rent skates to keep for the full class session. Please mark your child's skate size during online registration. Skates must be dried after each use and brought home with you. Skates must be returned after the last scheduled class of the session. If skates are not returned, a $100 fee will be issued to your park district account.
While You Wait: $8 / Overnight: $6
Private Lessons & Create-a-Class
- 30-Minute Private Lesson (1 skater): Rates vary based on instructor
- 30-Minute Create-a-Class (2-6 skaters): $120 - Resident/$150 - Non-Resident (8 week session - fee is per skater)
- Private Lessons are 1:1 student to instructor
- Semi-private lessons are 1:2 students to instructor
- Create-a-Classes are weekly scheduled classes for an 8-week class session
- Lessons are subject to ice and instructor availability - space may be limited
Click here to fill out the Private Lesson & Create-a-Class Request Form
Practice Guidelines for Skaters
Practice is essential to learning and gaining confidence as well as helping you reach your skating goals. The following guidelines for weekly practice are offered for your planning purposes.
- Pre-Alpha through Beta: 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours
- Gamma through Delta: 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- Freestyle I through Freestyle III: 2 to 2 1/2 hours
- Freestyle IV & Up: 2 1/2 to 3 hours or more
Hockey Class Equipment
The Wilmette Park District requires skaters in Tot Hockey II through Advanced Power classes to wear the following equipment:
- Helmet and face mask
- Elbow pads (recommended)
- Shin pads (recommended)
- Hockey skates
Evaluations are offered before the end of each session. Instructors will determine whether a student is ready for evaluation one week prior to testing. Evaluation is optional for all students in Pre-Alpha through Freestyle VI. Tot Beginner, Basic, Intermediate and Advanced students receive a patch upon completion of their specific level as deemed by the instructors. Skaters ready to test will be notified by their class instructor or the Figure Skating Supervisor.