The Playground Is Open!
August 8, 2022
- Thanks to all who celebrated with us on August 8, and helped our Board of Park Commissioners cut the ribbon!
- The playground will open soon! Mark your calendar for our Maple Playground "grand opening" celebration and ribbon cutting event on Monday, August 8, from 5:30-7:30.
- Due to an unexpected drainage concern, the project has been delayed. Estimated project completion is now late June 2022.
- The temporary construction fence is up at Maple Park, as of March 7. Estimated project completion is early June 2022.
- Good news came on February 21! The playground equipment has shipped and is on the way. The Maple Park Playground renovation has an estimated start date of March 7 (weather permitting).
- On November 30, Maple Park Playground construction was officially postponed until 2022 due to the uncertainty of the estimated delivery date for the playground equipment.
- The Village of Wilmette has approved the necessary permits for Maple Park Playground construction.
- Project managers received an updated from the playground equipment company that shipping has been delayed. Additional details will be available in December.
- Wilmette Park District Staff will be meeting both with Wilmette Village staff and Upland Design representatives for pre-construction meetings on Tuesday, October 12. Construction start and end dates will be determined as well as the timeline of the project.
- The Board of Park Commissioners approved the bid at the August 9 meeting.
- Based on community feedback preferences and the determined needs of the park, playground equipment was ordered in early July. Due to extended lead-times for orders, the equipment is estimated to ship out mid-November.
- Click HERE to view and download the final concept.
- There was a bid opening on July 27 for the installation of the playground equipment at Maple Park.
Planning and Design Concepts:
Click Here to view the idea boards that were available for viewing during the April 7 meeting.
The Wilmette Park District is replacing the play equipment at Maple Park (398 Maple Avenue in Wilmette). The existing playground is made from wood, and due to its age and exposure to the elements, much of the play equipment needs significant repair or replacement. It is our goal to spend the next few months gathering public feedback on the park and use of the playground, organizing plans and solutions for public needs, and ultimately replacing the play equipment at Maple Park this fall.