Details about Trail-in Permits
- Kayaks and stand up paddleboards are the only vessels able to be launched at Gillson Park.
- Trail-in launches are permitted every day from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Launch and land area is on South Beach north of the pier. Vessels may not land and exit on the sailing beach at any time.
- Vessels are not to operate near or enter the swim area.
- Lifejackets are required and patrons must follow all Coast Guard regulations.
- Permit stickers must be affixed to vessels.
- One Trail-in permit sticker per vessel, permit stickers are not transferrable.
- Only season Trail-in permits are available. No daily passes are available.
- Trail-In fee includes vessel sticker and season parking pass.
How to Purchase
Season trail in permits can be purchased online here and picked up in person at the Gillson Beach House starting May 27.
Address: 800 Gillson Park Drive Wilmette, IL 60091
Beach House Hours: 7 days a week 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Address: 101 Lake Ave Wilmette, IL 60091 2023
Trail-In Permit Fees
- $248 for residents
- $441 for non-residents