Website under construction - please pardon our dust as we make some updates!
PARK DISTRICT INFORMATION
Policies, Ordinances & Disclaimers
Definition of Residency/The Fair-Share Concept
Anyone living within the geographic boundaries of the Wilmette Park District is considered a resident. Outside of the Wilmette geographic boundaries, this privilege is also extended to Kindergarten through Grade 8 students living in the geographic boundaries of Wilmette Public Schools District 39 or Avoca School District 37. Parents of these children are not eligible for resident fees. Wilmette residents, via property taxes, make financial contributions to the operation of the park system. A “Fair-Share” policy has been adopted to apportion an equalizing user fee to our non-resident participants so they contribute to the overall financing of the park system on an equitable basis.
Individuals with Disabilities
Also refer to the Conduct Ordinance, below
Statement of Purpose
All patrons are expected to abide by the following guidelines:
- Show respect, follow program rules and take direction from staff.
- Refrain from using abusive or foul language.
- Refrain from threatening or causing bodily harm to self, other patrons, or staff.
- Show respect for equipment, supplies, and facilities.
- Not possess any weapons or controlled substances.
- The consumption of alcohol is permitted only in approved facilities under specific guidelines existing at those facilities.
Reviewed by Committee : July 23, 2018
Approved : August 13, 2018