Website under construction - please pardon our dust as we make some updates!
WAYS TO PLAY
Freestyle Ice Information
Freestyle Practice Sessions
Fall, Winter & Spring 2022-2023
|30-Minute Sessions (8/22-6/10)||Monday-Friday||6-11:45 am, 1:40-5 pm|
*No Freestyle sessions on 11/24-26, 12/25, 1/1 or 5/29.
*Freestyle schedule is subject to change during Ice Show week in May 2023.
* May 9-12: note that practice ice will be partial ice, due to our Ice Show curtain.
* NO PRACTICE ICE ON Monday May 8: after 9:30 am; Saturday May 13: 6:30-7:30 am; Monday, May 15: 6:30 am to 4 pm.
Freestyle Skate Details
Low/High Ice Available:
- Fees: $6 for 30-minute session
- 25 skater maximum
Fall, Winter & Spring freestyle ice will be low/high with the following permissions:
- Students in Pre-Free Skate and above may practice independently
- Students in Basic 6 or lower must be in a scheduled lesson with a coach on staff.
NOTE: Summer freestyle sessions will allow skaters in Basic 4 and above on a session if in a lesson.
- This is subject to changes if freestyle sessions are at capacity and adjustments are needed
- Coach/guardian is responsible for making sure student exits the ice after their lesson.
- Private lessons given during freestyle sessions must be no more than two students
- Student instruction cannot include leading synchronous warm-up or across ice drills for multiple students. Coaches infracting this policy may be asked to leave the ice session.
- All coaches must submit a valid COI with Wilmette Park District listed as additionally insured, prior to coaching on freestyle or public skate ice
- Printed copy can be turned in at the front desk
- The house sound system will be available.
- The jump harness will be available for use by a skating instructor, coaches must limit time on harness when other coaches are waiting for its use.
- All skaters must check in at the office upon arrival at the rink.
- Skaters and coaches may put their skates on in the lobby.
- Spectators are permitted.