SEPTEMBER 20: Administration Office Closed - Our Administration Office at Village Hall will be closed starting at 1:30 pm through the remainder of the day, 9/20.
WAYS TO PLAY
Freestyle Ice Information
Freestyle Practice Sessions
Fall 2023 to Spring 2024
|8/21-6/9||Mon.-Fri.||6 am-5 pm (no Freestyle Sessions 11:45 am -1:40 pm)|
Click here to reserve Fall 2023-Spring 2024 Freestyle Ice Time online
*No Freestyle sessions on Sept. 4; Nov. 23, 24 & 25; December 25; Jan 1; and May 27.
Freestyle Skate Details
Low/High Ice Available
- Fees: $6 for 30-minute session; $4 for 20-minute session
- 25 skater maximum
Fall, Winter & Spring freestyle ice will be low/high with the following permissions:
- Students in Pre-Free Skate and above may practice independently
- Students in Basic 6 or lower must be in a scheduled lesson with a coach on staff.
- Children ages 5 and younger may not be on any “prime time” freestyle sessions (2:40-5 pm), whether in a lesson or not.
- This is subject to changes if freestyle sessions are at capacity and adjustments are needed
- Coach/guardian is responsible for making sure student exits the ice after their lesson.
- Private lessons given during freestyle sessions must be no more than two students
- Student instruction cannot include leading synchronous warm-up or across ice drills for multiple students. Coaches infracting this policy may be asked to leave the ice session.
- All coaches must submit a valid COI with Wilmette Park District listed as additionally insured, prior to coaching on freestyle or public skate ice
- Printed copy can be turned in at the front desk
- The house sound system will be available.
- The jump harness will be available for use by a skating instructor, coaches must limit time on harness when other coaches are waiting for its use.
- All skaters must check in at the office upon arrival at the rink.
- Skaters and coaches may put their skates on in the lobby.
- Spectators are permitted.
NOTE: The above rules are subject to change with the permission by the Figure Skating Supervisor, Florence Krieger.