REGISTRATION SITE OFFLINE 2/14-2/15: For details, check our Bulletin Board post, below
How To: Summer Camp Registration
We know summer is hands-down the busiest time of year for most families – so let us help! Our camps are a great opportunity for your children to play, learn, discover and grow in a social and safe environment with specialized themes to meet your child’s interests–scheduled and arranged to provide the coverage you need while school is out.
Ready, Set, Register!
Whether this is your first camp registration rodeo, or you are returning for another fabulous year, we want to make your experience as seamless as possible as you book the perfect summer for your child. The 2024 Summer Camp Guide posts live on January 23 to browse and plan ahead. Registration opens at 10 am:
- February 6 for residents
- February 13 for non-residents
Are You Ready for Registration?
We know registration is a busy time for everyone and camps fill up FAST. We’ve prepared this simple checklist for you to complete ahead of time, so you’re all set for a successful registration morning:
- Set up or review your household account for overall accuracy
- Ensure children are on your household account with the correct birthday(s)
- If you are a non-resident and your child attends a Wilmette Public School, make sure this is reflected in your household account
- On the morning of registration, remember to wait until 10 am before adding programs to your cart. Consider instead, gathering your “favorite” programs using the heart icons on each program page section listing. When you’re ready, view your “favorite list” by clicking the heart icon on the top navigation bar. This “favorite list” is saved for the duration of your session on our website.
So Many Options!
Starting January 23, you’ll be able to shop at your leisure however you prefer–scroll the soon-the-be-posted website program pages or flip through the online Camp Guide. As you browse, you’ll see an array of full-day camps, partial-day camps and mini camps for children and teens age 2-17. We host camps across the whole village at Wilmette Park District facilities and local schools. Many camps include field trips to Gillson Beach and Centennial Family Aquatic Center for some fun in the sun!
Does your child have a special interest or activity? In addition to our general recreation camps, we offer camps with a specific focus!
- Camps for tots
- Aquatics camps
- General and specialized sports camps
- Creative camps (art, dance, music & theater)
We also have before-and after-care to extend the camp day.
Can’t decide? Because many of our camps run one, two, four or eight weeks, campers can mix and match, and participate in a variety of camps throughout the summer! Remember to look for all your favorite one-week mini camps in this year’s Camp Guide. You’ll find Movie Star Camp, STEM camps, sports and much more!
Once you have your perfect summer planned out, make sure to have all the important info collected in one place. If you require assistance with registration, our Customer Service staff are here to help at the Community Recreation Center (3000 Glenview Rd.) and the Administration Office (1200 Wilmette Ave.), and they’ll need you to provide two key details:
- Camp name
- 8-digit program number
Payments, Cancellations and Refunds
Following the rush of registration, there are a few important details to keep in mind leading up to camp season.
Camp fee balances are collected via auto-debit on May 10, the deadline for camp fees to be paid in full. Camp fees under $300 must be paid in full at the time of registration. Camp fees of $301+ are eligible for a payment plan.
Changed your mind? That’s okay, it happens! Our Summer Camp cancellation policy has been updated for 2024 – please review the details below:
- Cancellations made two weeks prior (or earlier) to the start of a camp session are eligible for a full refund.
- Cancellations made within two weeks of the start of a camp session incur an administrative fee* and will receive a 75% refund.
- Withdrawals made after the start of a camp session incur an administrative fee* and will receive a prorated refund for any full weeks the patron has not attended.
* A 25% administrative charge will apply to all cancellations made past the two-week window prior to the start of a camp session.
Camp is a special time for making memories with new and old friends, learning and experiencing something exciting, and having a blast with peers as the warm sunny days go by. We are honored to be your family’s choice for summer camps!