Winter 2023 After-School Clubs
- Winter 2023 After-School Clubs registration opens with Winter programs!
- December 6 at 10 am
- Spring 2023 Campus Club registration is OPEN!
- 2022-2023 CARE After School and Morning CARE program registration is open.
Welcome to the Early Childhood Center of Wilmette!
At the Early Childhood Center of Wilmette, children learn in a place where each child meets with approval and success. Our teachers offer children a variety of individual, small and large group activities.
The Early Childhood Center of Wilmette is located at 3000 Glenview Road, in the Community Recreation Center. We offer Morning and Full-Day Preschool programs and coordinate before and after-school programs for elementary school children in grades K-6.
- Our morning two, three, and four-year-old Preschool programs meet two or three days a week.
- We also offer a Morning Preschool program with a mix of older 3 & 4 year-olds, which meets five days a week.
- Our Preschool Plus option extends the day until 1 p.m.
- Our Full-Day Preschool program is for 3 & 4 year-olds and meets two, three or five days per week.
Beyond the Bell
"Beyond the Bell" is a set of before and after-school program options for elementary school children:
- Morning CARE, held at District 39 Schools, provides a safe, supportive, fun and interactive experience at your child's homeschool before attending class.
- CARE After School is focused on providing quality childcare with independent homework and structured, play-based free time. We will bus your child from their school to the Community Recreation Center for C.A.R.E. (Cool Afterschool Recreational Experiences). C.A.R.E. is available until 4:45 or 6 pm. *If your child would like to register separately for an afternoon Park District program at the Community Recreation Center, C.A.R.E. staff will escort your child to and from their scheduled program.
- Campus Club participants rotate through various enrichment classes designed to build life skills and encourage social and emotional development. Specialty instructors lead enrichment classes. There is an option to extend the program until 6 pm to allow for independent homework and structured, play-based free time. Program capacity is set based on ratios for enrichment classes, as well as program space.
- After-School Clubs offer a wide variety of one-hour enrichment "clubs," ranging from sports to science to music and much more! Families can choose to register for any available club. Clubs are only available to students enrolled at the host District 39 school. After-School Clubs are not guaranteed to run unless they meet their minimum registration requirement. Minimum requirements vary for each club. After-School Clubs are enrichment activities; this is not a childcare program.
- On most full days off from school, we offer School Day Off programs.
For an in-depth look at Beyond the Bell programs, available day and time options, and a frequently asked questions guide, download the handout using the button below!