Freestyle Practice Sessions
Spring Session through May 31, 2022
Session Day(s) Time 30-Minute Sessions (through 5/31) Monday-Friday* 6-11:45 A.M. 1-Hour Sessions (through 5/31) Monday-Friday* 1:40-2:40 P.M., 2:50-3:50 P.M. Tuesday-Thursday 4-5 P.M. Saturday* 6:30-7:30 A.M.
*No Freestyle sessions 5/28-5/30.
Summer Session June 1, 2022 - August 20, 2022
Session Day(s) Time 30-Minute Sessions (6/1-8/20) Monday-Friday* 6:30 A.M.-1 P.M., 2:50-5 P.M. Saturday 7-10:50 A.M. 30-Minute Sessions (7/25-7/29) Monday-Friday 5-7:10 P.M.
*No Freestyle sessions on 7/4.
*9:10 a.m.-Noon sessions will not meet 7/25-7/29.
*12:30 p.m. & 2:50 p.m. sessions will not meet 8/8-8/12.
Freestyle Skate Details
Low/High Ice Available:
- $6 for 30-minute session (AM only)
- $12 for 1-hour session
- 25 skater maximum
CLICK HERE to reserve ice time online!
- Fall, Winter & Spring freestyle ice will be low/high with the following permissions:
- Students in Gamma/Basic 6 and above may practice independently
- Students in Beta/Basic 5 or lower must be in a scheduled lesson
- Coach/guardian is responsible for making sure student exits the ice after their lesson
- This is subject to changes if freestyle sessions are at capacity and adjustments are needed
- Private lessons given during freestyle sessions must be no more than two students
- Student instruction cannot include leading synchronous warm-up or across ice drills for multiple students. Coaches infracting this policy may be asked to leave the ice session.
- Non-staff coaches must submit a valid COI with Wilmette Park District listed as additionally insured, prior to coaching on freestyle or public skate ice
- Printed copy can be turned in at the front desk
- The house sound system will be available.
- The jump harness will be available and must be sanitized before and after use by the skating instructor.
- Skaters and coaches may arrive for their scheduled ice slot 10 minutes in advance.
- All skaters must check in at the office upon arrival at the rink.
- Skaters and coaches may put their skates on in the lobby.
- Skaters who have a break between freestyle sessions will be allowed in the ice rink main lobby, however will need to wear a mask.
- Spectators are permitted