Freestyle Practice Sessions
Fall, Winter & Spring 2022-2023
(August 22, 2022 - June 10, 2023)
Session Day(s) Time 30-Minute Sessions (8/22-6/10) Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 6-11:45 am, 1:40-5 pm Wednesday 8-11:45 am, 1:40-5 pm Saturday 6:30-7:30 am
*No Freestyle sessions on 11/24-26, 12/25, 1/1 or 5/29.
*Freestyle schedule is subject to change during Ice Show week in May 2023.
Freestyle Skate Details
Low/High Ice Available:
- Fees: $6 for 30-minute session
- 25 skater maximum
CLICK HERE to reserve ice time online!
- Fall, Winter & Spring freestyle ice will be low/high with the following permissions:
- Students in Gamma/Basic 6 and above may practice independently
- Students in Beta/Basic 5 or lower must be in a scheduled lesson
- Coach/guardian is responsible for making sure student exits the ice after their lesson
- This is subject to changes if freestyle sessions are at capacity and adjustments are needed
- Private lessons given during freestyle sessions must be no more than two students
- Student instruction cannot include leading synchronous warm-up or across ice drills for multiple students. Coaches infracting this policy may be asked to leave the ice session.
- Non-staff coaches must submit a valid COI with Wilmette Park District listed as additionally insured, prior to coaching on freestyle or public skate ice
- Printed copy can be turned in at the front desk
- The house sound system will be available.
- The jump harness will be available and must be sanitized before and after use by the skating instructor.
- Skaters and coaches may arrive for their scheduled ice slot 10 minutes in advance.
- All skaters must check in at the office upon arrival at the rink.
- Skaters and coaches may put their skates on in the lobby.
- Skaters who have a break between freestyle sessions will be allowed in the ice rink main lobby, however will need to wear a mask.
- Spectators are permitted