Welcome to the Wilmette Lakefront!
July 3rd Holiday Updates
- Dog Beach will be closed on July 3. A temporary fence will be installed on Saturday, July 2 in preparation for the fireworks safety zone. There will be openings within the fence for visitors to have access through Saturday.
- Langdon Park and Elmwood Dunes will also be closed on July 3.
- Swimming Beach Daily Beach Pass sales end at 2 p.m. on July 3.
To learn more about our Independence Day Celebration, click here.
GILLSON PARK AMENITIES
Gillson Park offers 60 acres of beautiful lakefront property, ideal for picnics, bicycling, volleyball, soccer, tennis, and many other outdoor activities. In Gillson, you'll find:
- Gillson Swimming Beach
- Picnic Areas and Pavilion
- Sailboat Rentals
- Lighted Tennis Courts
- Fitness Course
- Tot Lot
- Dog Beach
- Lakeview Center
- Wallace Bowl
- Lighted Ice Rink
- Kayak/SUP Launch Area
ACCESSING GILLSON PARK
SWIMMING BEACH HOURS - Lifeguards Present
May 28 - September 5:
- 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Swimming is strictly prohibited after Labor Day
Gillson Park North and South Vehicle Entry Gates:
- 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Note: after 8 p.m., vehicles may exit the park via the Washington Ave. exit only. Vehicles left in the park after 10:30 will be ticketed.
The Fat Shallot at Gillson Beach will be open from May 28 to September 5*. Online ordering is available! View the menu here
*Please note the preseason, regular season and postseason dates below.
DAYS OF OPERATION
- Friday-Sunday, June 3-5
- Thursday-Sunday, June 9-12
- Tuesday-Sunday, June 14-August 21
- Friday-Sunday, August 26-28
- Friday-Monday, September 2-5
Tuesdays-Thursdays and Sundays:
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Fridays and Saturdays:
- 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Lakefront Staff & Contact Information
Megan White, Lakefront Operations Supervisor
Tel: 847-256-9658 | Email: email@example.com
Niki Koclanes, Program Supervisor
Tel: 847-853-7715 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Wozney, Lakefront General Manager
Tel: 847-256-9659 | Email: email@example.com