Picnic reservations are required between May 1 and September 30.
Gillson Park hosts several open-air picnic areas throughout the park and one covered picnic pavilion adjacent to the swimming beach.
- Some picnic areas are grouped together and multiple can be rented to accommodate larger gatherings.
- Picnic areas are available in 2-hour increments and come with one grill and 2 picnic tables.
- The Picnic Pavilion has 2 large grills and up to 12 picnic tables.
- Outside grills and alcohol are strictly prohibited.
- Picnic rentals do not include parking, limited parking is available on upper drive and residential streets for vehicles without season decals.
- Please adhere to all parking restrictions as they are enforced with ticket and towing.
Wilmette Resident Reservations
Picnic areas are available in advance for Wilmette Residents. Follow the link below to view a map of the park with reservable picnic areas.
Non-Residents may rent picnic areas for day-of use. This can be completed in-person through the Lakeview Center until may 27 and at the Beach House starting May 28.
Lakeview Center Hours: Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Address: 800 Gillson Park Drive, Wilmette, IL 60091
Beach House Hours: 7 days a week 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Address: 101 Lake Ave., Wilmette, IL 60091