**NOTE: THORNWOOD PARK COURTS ARE CLOSED FOR RESURFACING, August-September.*
Wilmette Residents can make a reservation using the YourCourts system. Click on the "Need Access" button and set up a profile using your name and email address, and make sure to specify your club/court is the Wilmette Tennis Club. Once your residency is approved on our end, your profile will be created and you can reserve outdoor courts Monday through Sunday between 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Non-residents can play first-come-first-serve when a court is not previously booked by a resident. Players are strongly encouraged to check for reservations before heading out to a site.
- Outdoor courts open at 8:30 a.m. and close at 6:30 p.m., Monday through Sunday
Outdoor Court Reservations
- Residents may reserve outdoor courts by calling 847/256-9676 up to 25 hours in advance. Same-day reservations cannot be taken because court reservations are posted at each court by 8 a.m. daily.
- Non-residents may play on open courts or by "racking-up."
- When making reservations by telephone, please give your name, phone number and name of one other player in your group.
- Please review the Outdoor Court Regulations. Following posted rules and observing court reservation is vital to the continued enjoyment of the outdoor courts by all players.
- Private and Group Lessons are taught by Wilmette Park District staff ONLY.
- All players may "rack-up" when no reservation sheet is posted or if open court time appears on the reservation sheet.
- No one may rack-up more than two hours in advance.
- Please arrive for your reservation promptly; court reservations will be held for five minutes. After five minutes, courts may be claimed by waiting players.
- Reserved court time is restricted to the time allotment on each court, 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours, depending on court location. However, players may rack-up for an additional, non-consecutive hour of play.
- Play begins on the hour or as indicated for the 1 1/2 hour courts. Please respect other players and vacate your court promptly.
- To accommodate working adults, outdoor courts are reserved for adult play (18 and over) after 5 p.m. weekdays and all day weekends. However, juniors may play if adults are not waiting. Juniors employed full-time weekdays should contact the Club at 847/256-9676 to arrange for evening and weekend court time.
- Only regulation tennis shoes are permitted in the court area.
- Shirts must be worn at all times during play.
- Littering the courts is subject to a fine.
- Players serving or playing alone must give way to two or more players.
- Non-tennis activities are prohibited on the tennis courts.
- Only players are allowed on the tennis courts.
- Vulgarity and/or rude behavior is prohibited.
Outdoor Tennis Court Locations
|Location||Number Of Courts||Time Allotment|
702 Locust Rd.
|6||3 Courts 1 hr
3 Courts 1 1/2 hrs
|Gillson Park (lights)
Washington St. and Michigan Ave NOTE: GILLSON PARK COURTS WILL BE CLOSED FOR RESURFACING BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 7 for approximately four weeks.
Glenview Rd and Skokie Blvd
|Thornwood Park - ***CLOSED FOR RESURFACING
Dartmouth St and Thornwood St
|4||2 Courts 1 hr
2 Courts 1 1/2 hrs
4th St and Maple Ave
15th St and Lake St
|3||1 Court 1 hr
2 Courts 1 1/2 hrs