The Center for the Arts at the Wilmette Park District offers a well-rounded curriculum including dance, music, theatre and visual arts. Through classes, workshops, intensives and special events, the Center for the Arts provides ample opportunity for individuals to express ideas and emotions that cannot be communicated with language alone.
Come explore your creative side at the Center for the Arts, located at 3000 Glenview Road, in the Community Recreation Center.
Carol Heafey, CPRP, Recreation Program General Manager
Tel: 847-256-9692 | Email: email@example.com
Got a birthday? Bring the party to the Community Recreation Center! We have Art, Dance, Theatre Parties and more.
- Click Here to view our Parties & Rental page.
Performances are December 3-5, 2021. Stay tuned for performance info & tickets!
Art, Dance, Theatre & Music Department Information
Art Department Staff
Jessica Van Swol: ceramics, painting, crafting, sculpture
Age, Attire and Attendance Requirements
The Dance Department strives to provide high quality training for dancers of all ages and experience levels. To maintain the integrity of the classes, we ask that parents do not request age overrides. All requirements, both attire, attendance and age, are set to benefit the children and make instruction more consistent for the program leaders. In some instances, the requirements have been set for the child's safety.
Required Dance Attire
The attire indicated below are required so instructors may properly observe and teach muscular movement. For all classes, hair must be up and off the neck in a ponytail or bun. Unacceptable attire includes jeans, ripped clothing (including tights), sweatpants, crop or half tops showing the midriff, and jewelry.
- Creative Dance, Pre Ballet: leotard, tights, pink ballet shoes. Skirts or tutus optional.
- Ballet and Pointe Prep classes: solid color leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes. Dancers age 9 and higher may also wear black dance shorts-no other cover ups.
- Pre Ballet/Tap and Ballet/Tap classes: leotard, tights, pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes. Skirts, tutus, or black dance shorts optional.
- Tap and Jazz classes ages 7 and higher: leotard, tights, black tap shoes or tan slip on jazz shoes. Skirts or dance shorts optional.
- All Hip Hop classes: comfortable athletic clothing (no jeans), black sneakers
- Clean, fitted tee shirt, athletic shorts or pants, black ballet shoes (ballet), black tap shoes (tap), black slip on jazz shoes (jazz), black sneakers (hip hop).
Dance Camp attire:
- Leotard, tights, ballet shoes, jazz shoes, and tap shoes. Skirts or black dance shorts optional. Hair secured in a ponytail or bun.
For dance class supplies, contact Allegro Dance Boutique in Evanston.
Dance Department Staff:
Alex Goodreau: ballet, jazz, contemporary
Kirsten Markham: creative movement, hip hop, ballet, jazz, tap
Anna Wetoska: Tiktok hip hop, jazz, Adult ballet barre, strength and stretch, functional mobility
Rebecca Van Poucke
Wilmette Children's Theater
Wilmette Children's Theatre presents:
Beauty & the Beast Jr.
Music by Alan Menken | Lyrics by Howard Ashman & Tim Rice | Book by Linda Woolverton.
- Fri., Oct. 8 & 15 at 7 P.M.
- Sat., Oct. 9 & 16 at 2 & 7 P.M.
- Sun., Oct. 10 & 17 at 2 P.M.
TICKETS: $11 - PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
Tickets are available at wilmettepark.org, or at the Community Recreation Center front desk. For more information, please call 847-256-9686.
Community Recreation Center auditorium. 3000 Glenview Rd., Wilmette
Disney's Beauty and the Beast JR. is presented through special arrangement with and all authorized materials are supplied by Music Theatre International. 421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019
Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Theater Department Staff
Wendy Avon: improv, scene study, monologue, theatrical studies, direction
Kate Black: tech theater, stage management
Benjamin Walton: musical theater for actors, piano, voice, ukulele
Music Department Staff
Benjamin Walton: piano, voice, ukulele, musical theater for actors
Paula Eatman: violin and viola
Dan Chase: piano (all styles)
Nick Bilski: guitar, bass and ukulele