Website under construction - please pardon our dust as we make some updates!
PARKS & FACILITIES
Welcome to the Community Gardens! The Wilmette Park District offers community garden plots in two locations:
- All plots are 10 feet by 20 feet. They are available to Wilmette residents and non-residents. Contracts run March 1 to December 31. There is a fee per plot. The fee for a Wilmette resident is $40. The non-resident fee is $70.
- Returning gardeners have first priority to renew their contracts, so each year a limited number of plots are available. If plots are not available, a gardener can be put on the waitlist. The waitlist is handled chronologically. Gardeners will be contacted by phone if an opening becomes available.
- Gardeners are responsible for the maintenance of their garden plot. This includes soil preparation and any changes to the soil. Gardening tools are not provided. Water is supplied.
- Gardens will be checked periodically for maintenance. If a garden appears to need attention, gardeners will be notified by phone and mail.
- Please contact Tiffany Zanon for garden rules, maps or other questions: (847) 256-9638, firstname.lastname@example.org.