What to know about visiting Gillson Park and Beach
- Season passes to the Swimming Beach are available for purchase here
- Daily passes can be purchased onsite at the beach house
- Swimming and wading is allowed in the buoyed swim area only
- Boogie boards, rafts, noodles or inflatable flotation devices are not allowed
- Life jackets being used in the water must be labeled US Coast Guard approved
- Large, 4-post shade structures/pop-up tents are not allowed, per village ordinance
- All umbrellas must be set up behind the lifeguard chairs to avoid obstructing the view of the water
- The swimming beach may close for severe weather, rip currents or bacteria. Call before you come to check the conditions at 847-256-9660
- Lifeguards are on duty at the swimming beach during operational hours from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Swimming is strictly prohibited after Labor Day.
- Dogs are allowed in Gillson Park, but they must be on a leash at all times that is no longer than 10 feet
- Dogs are not allowed on Swimming or Sailing Beaches during operating hours
- Season passes are available for the Dog Beach that allow for off-leash play; no day passes are available for the Dog Beach
- Outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the beach or in the park.
- Beverages purchased at the Beach House concessions must be consumed within the patio area.
- The main beach lot requires a lakefront sticker or daily parking pass. Overlook drive requires a lakefront or a Village sticker. Upper Drive is open parking with no sticker required
- Season parking passes can be purchased here
- Daily parking passes are sold on-site at the Lake Ave entrance gate. They must be purchased same day of use and are only valid in the main Swimming Beach lot. No cash is accepted; credit cards only.
- Entry to drop-off of items or individuals is not permitted.
Picnics and Grilling
- Permits are required for all picnic areas, and the covered Picnic Pavilion. Find more information here
- Personal grills are not allowed anywhere on the Gillson property, and all fires must be in Park District grills.
- Alcohol is not permitted in Gillson Park at any time.
Kayaks, SUPs and Boats
- You may launch personal kayaks and stand up paddleboards off of South Beach, only with a trail-in permit sticker visible on the vessel. Find more information here
- Boat rentals are available on weekends. Boats can be reserved one week in advance of the rental date. Find more information here
- Motorized vessels or larger sailboats are not permitted to launch off of Wilmette beaches
Day Visits for Camps and Organizations
Spend a day at Gillson Park and Beach! Fill out the form below and send to email@example.com
Large Group Beach Rates
Group rates are available for those wishing to purchase 20 or more beach passes for the same day. Fill out the form below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan White, Lakefront Operations Supervisor
Tel: 847-256-9658 | Email: email@example.com
Niki Koclanes, Program Supervisor
Tel: 847-853-7715 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Wozney, Lakefront General Manager
Tel: 847-256-9659 | Email: email@example.com