Lakefront Conditions Information Hotline
Tel: 847-256-9660 (updated daily - recorded information)
- Looking for info on our season passes and permits for the Lakefront? Click here!
- Lifeguards are on duty daily at the swimming beach during operational hours between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Due to high water level, Langdon Beach is closed.
During the summer, Gillson Beach is ideal for group and family outings, or summer camp groups! Groups of 20 or more people are eligible for a group reservation rate.
- Please complete and email the Group Visit Request Form for use of Gillson Beach to email@example.com.
- For group reservation questions, please call 847-256-9656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours & Contact Info
Beach Hours Daily:
9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Note: Park District staff and Wilmette Police will be onsite to clear our beaches at 9 p.m.
Concession Hours, The Fat Shallot at Gillson Beach:
11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesdays-Sundays (Closed Mondays)
Lakeview Center Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tel: 847-256-9656 | Email: email@example.com
(if not available, please call the Beach House for assistance)
Gillson Beach House: 847-256-9661
Megan White, Lakefront Supervisor
Tel: 847-256-9658 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Wozney, Lakefront General Manager
Tel: 847-256-9659 | Email: email@example.com
About Gillson Park and the Wilmette Beaches
- Gillson Park offers 60 acres of beautiful lakefront property, ideal for picnics, bicycling, volleyball, soccer, tennis, and many other outdoor activities.
- Dogs on leash are allowed in Gillson Park EXCEPT during special events, such as Independence Day. Leashes must not exceed 10 feet in length and owners are responsible for clean-up. Dogs wearing Beach Permit tags are allowed off-leash in the fenced Dog Beach area located between the pier and the harbor mouth at the south end of Gillson Park. Dogs are NOT allowed on the public swimming and sailing beaches.
- Public swimming and wading are allowed in the buoyed swimming area only.
- Outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the beach or in the park. Alcoholic beverages purchased at the Beach House concessions must be consumed on-site, within the patio.
- When safety hazards are present, the beach and water may be closed temporarily at the discretion of the Lakefront Manager.
- Flotation devices are not allowed in the water except U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets when worn properly.
Gillson Park Amenities
- 59.2 acres
- Gillson Beach
- Lakeview Center
- Sailboat Rentals
- Lighted Tennis Courts
- Fitness Course
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Shelter
- Tot Lot
- Wallace Bowl
- Lighted Ice Rink
- Kayak/SUP Launch Area
- Dog Beach