Gillson Beach is closed for the season, so there is no access to the Beach House and lifeguards are not on duty. During the off-season, visitors can enjoy Gillson Beach and Park from sunrise to sunset without a beach season pass. Gillson Beach is open for walking, jogging, and biking as long as park users comply with social distancing requirements. The Parking Lot will continue to be open for parking permit holders and residents only.
During summertime, Gillson Beach is ideal for group and family outings, or summer camp groups! Lifeguards are on duty daily during operational hours between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Groups of 20 or more people are eligible for a group reservation rate.
- Please complete and email the Group Visit Request Form for use of Gillson Park to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any group reservation questions, please call 847-256-9656 or email email@example.com.
Due to high water level, Langdon Beach is closed.
About Gillson Park and the Wilmette Beaches
- Gillson Park offers 60 acres of beautiful lakefront property, ideal for picnics, bicycling, volleyball, soccer, tennis, and many other spring and summer outdoor activities.
- Dogs on leash are allowed in Gillson Park EXCEPT during special events such as Independence Day. Leashes must not exceed 10 feet in length and owners are responsible for clean-up. Dogs wearing Beach Permit tags are allowed off-leash in the fenced Dog Beach area located between the pier and the harbor mouth at the south end of Gillson Park. Dogs are NOT allowed on the public swimming and sailing beaches.
- Public swimming and wading are allowed in the buoyed swimming area only.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park or on the beaches.
- When safety hazards are present, the beach and water may be closed temporarily at the discretion of the Lakefront Manager.
- Flotation devices are not allowed in the water except U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets when worn properly.
Gillson Park Amenities
- 59.2 acres
- Gillson Beach
- Lakeview Center
- Sailboat Rentals
- Lighted Tennis Courts
- Fitness Course
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Shelter
- Tot Lot
- Wallace Bowl
- Lighted Ice Rink
- Dog Beach
Hours, & Contact Info
In Season Hours
Beach Hours Daily: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (or as daylight permits)
Concession Hours Daily: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (or as conditions permit)
Lakefront Conditions (recorded information): 847-256-9660
Beach House: 847-256-9661
Ben Wozney, Lakefront General Manager
Tel: 847-256-9659 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan White, Lakefront Supervisor
Tel: 847-256-9658 | Email: email@example.com