Yankee Doodle Dash 5K
In-Person Race: July 3 at 8 A.M.
Virtual Race: July 3 & 4
Get ready for the return of our Independence Day tradition! The Yankee Doodle Dash 5K is back and we are excited to run together again.
Join the Wilmette Park District for one of our two in-person waves the morning of July 3rd, or register virtually and complete a route of your choice over the weekend.
Registration is $35 for in-person and virtual participants. Registration guarantees all runners a race shirt, participant medal and swag bag.
Patriotic outfits are highly encouraged! Packet pickup will be at the Community Recreation Center front desk - start date will be announced mid-June. Packet pickup details and race day information will be emailed out to all participants the week prior.
CLICK HERE to register for the Yankee Doodle Dash!
7/3 In-Person 5K Waves at Gillson Park
- 8:00 A.M. - Wave 1 (maximum 50 runners)
- 8:15 A.M. - Wave 2 (maximum 50 runners)
- Pre-registration is REQUIRED! There will not be any day-of registration for this event. In-Person registration closes June 30.
7/3-7/4 Virtual 5K
- Sign up and plan your own 3.1-mile route.
- Pick a start time and race through your route on July 3 or 4.
- Share a selfie on our Facebook event!
- Virtual Registration will be available through July 4
We'd like to thank our Stars & Stripes Sponsor, de Giulio Kitchen Design for sponsoring our dashing event shirts this year!
Fun & Fireworks
Saturday, July 3
Festivities Begin: 4 P.M.
Fireworks Show: 9:30 P.M.
Enjoy an evening of food, live music and a fireworks show to wrap up the Independence Day Celebration at Gillson Park! Stay tuned for more information, coming in June.