Click here for our Pickle, Paddle and More! Summer Camp!
Welcome to the Wilmette
Platform Tennis Club
- Six-court complex and paddle hut serving players from beginner to the nationally-ranked
- Year-round public facility located conveniently close to the Edens Expressway
- Adult and junior Platform Tennis instruction
- Women's and Men's in-house and inter-club league play
- Membership options for Wilmette resident and non-resident adults and juniors
- Open court rentals for non-members
- Special events throughout the year, such as Pro Ams, Calcuttas, Adult Mixers and more
- Party and special event rental opportunities available upon request
Wilmette's six-court complex is constructed with aluminum decking. A heating system melts ice off the aggregate deck surface, allowing Platform Tennis players to play outdoors in all weather conditions. Each court is about one quarter the size of a tennis court and is surrounded by a 12-foot-high superstructure with taut, 16-gauge "chicken wire" fencing which allows players to play the ball off the screen. The courts are lighted so play can continue after sunset. The paddle hut offers great views of all six courts.
Platform Tennis is played with special paddles that differ in size and shape from tennis racquets. The paddles are made of a composite material with a specific number of aerodynamic holes drilled in the head and can be no more than 18 inches long. The special balls used for Platform Tennis are made of spongy, rubber material and are 2.5 inches in diameter. A flocking material on the exterior keeps the ball from skidding. Platform Tennis shoes and balls are available for purchase at the Wilmette Tennis Club, 2300 Old Glenview Road, Wilmette.
Learning the Game
The Wilmette Park District offers adult and junior instruction. Learn how to play this exciting sport and/or enhance your skills during the paddle season. Membership in the Wilmette Platform Tennis Club is not required to take lessons.