We Are Dedicated To You
The Center Fitness Club is proud to offer a variety of fitness classes to benefit your body and mind. Our classes are designed to provide workouts based on the latest fitness trends and research. All of our staff are professional, nationally certified, experienced instructors. We suggest you cross-train within our program by regularly attending a mixture of classes taught by different instructors. The benefits received from a consistent routine (3-4 times per week) are as follows:
- Improved cardio-respiratory health
- Reduced body fat
- Increased muscular endurance
- Increased metabolic rate
- Increased bone density
- Reduced blood pressure
- Increased flexibility
- Reduced stress
- Improved self-esteem
- Improved mind/body connection
Group Exercise Staff
Group Fit Passes
Designed to accommodate your active lifestyle!
Our GroupFit Pass system is tailor-made to meet your exact class attendance needs. Purchase a 5-Class Pass or the Unlimited Class Pass--it is all based on your schedule and class attendance.
You do not have to be a member of the Center Fitness Club to take group exercise classes, however Center Fitness Club members receive a discount on all GroupFit passes. You will be asked to show proof of membership to qualify for this discount. GroupFit Passes expire six months from date of issue.
CFC Member Resident Non-Resident Daily Class $10 $14 $16 5 Classes $47 $69 $79 10 Classes $84 $128 $148 20 Classes $148 $234 $276 Unlimited* $503 $513 $644
*Unlimited Passes are good for one year from date of purchase
GroupFit Pass Guidelines
- GroupFit Passes may be purchased ONLY at the Center Fitness Club in the Community Recreation Center, 3000 Glenview Road, Wilmette, IL. They are non-transferable and expire six months from date of issue.
- Senior discounts are not available on GroupFit Passes.
- Prior to the start of each class, participants will be required to sign in on the class attendance sheet. We take care of everything from there by electronically recording your visit and notifying you when a new GroupFit Pass is needed.
- The Wilmette Park District reserves the right to cancel classes with continued low attendance and class schedules may be subject to change. The Center Fitness Club front desk has the latest information on any class cancellations.
- Center Fitness Club members receive a discount on all GroupFit Passes. Proof of membership is required to qualify for this discount.
- Entry to GroupFit Pass classes will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Maximum capacity is 30 for Studio A; the Functional Training Studio is 10, the Spin Studio is 20 and the Mind/Body Studio is 12. Please arrive for class on time. Instructors are subject to change and will substitute from time to time.
- Our insurance coverage does not permit the presence of children under the age of 14 in Group Fitness classes. Thanks for your understanding.
Fitness Class Descriptions
Cardio, Balance, Core and Strength Formats
High Intensity Interval Training workout which consists of intense cardio, strength training, stretching and balancing.
Combines both short, high intensity bursts of cardio, recovery phases, repeated during one exercise session that gives your body a complete workout. One of our most popular classes!
In-trinity is a an elevated fitness board and training program designed to build strength, balance, flexibility, coordination, and agility.
Intro to the Concepts of Krav Maga
This is fitness with a focus! This class is an effective athletic training program utilizing the discipline of Krav Maga. We blend cardio and strength exercises with a technical lesson on sparring techniques, deterring conflict, situational awareness and defensive/offensive maneuvers, all while getting a great workout!
A full-body workout that combines cardio, conditioning, and strength training with yoga and pilates-inspired movements. Using Ripstix®, lightly weighted drumsticks engineered specifically for exercising, POUND® transforms drumming into an incredibly effective way of working out.
Select an intense muscle conditioning class which targets every muscle group in just 45 minute or 60 minute classes!
Strength Interval Training
A muscle conditioning class utilizing "Body Bar" weight resistance bars. This versatile workout is perfect for strength training, stretching and balancing.
This class is a high-intensity, full-body strength & conditioning workout. Blending together speed, power, and agility, you're guaranteed to sweat.
This low-impact, fat-torching, muscle-sculpting and core centric-interval workout will whip you into shape fast.
The wildly addictive cardio dance workout based on the hottest pop and hip hop music.
Pilates and Flexibility
A core-centric workout, this class is a fusion of mat Pilates, arms, legs, gluts, and abs routines for progressive core strengthening! Instructors use Pilates ring, ball and resistance bands to enhance your workout.
Functional Flexibility & Myofascial Release
Work through a series of deep stretches for increased flexibility and muscular release.
A body-prep for the following Pilates class, Therapeutic Stretch will warm up the body for better performance.
Spin Class Formats
This class uses stationary cycles with motivating music to improve your cardiovascular system and burn calories, with no impact on joints and bones. Instructors guide participants through workout phases: Warm-up, sprints, climbs, up tempo cadences and cool-down techniques.
Spin & Strength
In addition to a traditional spin class, our instructors will add strength, balance and core exercises.
Body postures, breathing techniques and meditation used with the goal of bringing about a sound, healthy body and a clear, peaceful mind. There are nearly 200 hatha yoga postures, with hundreds of variations, which work to make the spine supple and to promote circulation in all the organs, glands, and tissues. Hatha yoga postures also stretch and align the body, promoting balance and flexibility.
A variety of styles are used in these routines, including cumbia, merengue, salsa, reggaeton, hip-hop, pop, mambo, rumba, flamenco, and calypso. Music selections include both fast and slow rhythms to help tone and sculpt the body with easy to follow dance moves! No dance experience required.
Designed for those in their "Golden Years," although it is open to all. This class is also great for beginners.
Chi Gong/Tai Chi
Tai Chi originated as a martial art. Its current popular form is Tai Chi Chuan, a 24 position exercise set that combines flowing movements with deep breathing.
Joints in Motion
Exercises to strengthen the body's joints work by building the muscles around the joints for greater joint stability. Joint strengthening exercises also help protect the joint and keep it strong. These exercises also help keep a joint's range of motion at its best.
Focus on strength, balance, core stability and posture using a variety of fitness equipment.
To help prevent injury and achieve a safe and effective workout:
- Arrive for class on time and remain until the end to ensure proper warm-up, cool-down and stretch. If you must leave early, please inform the instructor.
- Please inform the instructor of any special considerations (pregnancy, medical conditions, history of injuries, etc.). We recommend a physical exam and medical clearance before starting any exercise program. Inform the instructor immediately if you are feeling light-headed, dizzy, short of breath or pain of any kind.
- Modify the workout for your own particular needs. Learning to modify movements is essential in today's multi-level, multi-faceted fitness classes. Our instructors will demonstrate options for certain movements. If necessary, feel free to ask the instructor for an option if one is not offered.
- We strongly advise against the use of wrist weights, hand-held weights or ankle weights during the cardiovascular portion of class. Research shows the risk of injury far outweighs the minimal benefits. Only classes designed with slow and controlled movement are appropriate for use of weights.
- Our instructors are trained and certified to provide safe and effective routines. Please follow their routine. As previously noted, modifications are encouraged. However, if you feel the need to significantly alter the routine, we ask you remain in the back of the class.
- Proper footwear must be worn in every class. Street shoes or bare feet are not allowed for any class that involves impacting movement. Aerobics or cross-training shoes are appropriate for our classes. Ask your instructor for footwear suggestions and length of wear guidelines.
- Please refrain from chewing gum, eating candy or lengthy conversations during class.
- Please wear comfortable, breathable, non-restrictive clothing. It is important to drink water before, during and after class - by the time you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated. We recommend you bring covered plastic water bottles into the classroom.
- Please note that increased body temperature due to exercise may intensify fragrances from scented lotions and perfumes. This may be offensive to others, so please be considerate.
- Negative energy must be left outside the classroom! Everyone is required to de-stress, let loose, enjoy, and have fun!
Attention Please: Our insurance coverage does not permit the presence of children under the age of 14 in group fitness classes. Thank you for your cooperation.